The trustees of HEBA have updated the Association Data Protection Policy and associated documents.
We have a new HEBA Privacy Statement which you can download from [here].
An Extract from the HEBA Data Protection Policy 2015
Our organisation is committed to complying with data protection law and data subjects’ rights under it, in relation to their personal information, whilst it is under our control. The data subject is the person that the personal information identifies or relates to.
Our organisation is committed to complying with the eight principles of data protection as set out below.
Our organisation is committed to handling and processing personal information in line with our Privacy Statement.
Our commitment applies to our handling of personal information throughout its time under our control. It applies to our obtaining, collection, storage, processing and destruction of personal information, and when we transmit it or make it available to third parties.
Summary of the Data Protection Principles (1998 Data Protection Act)
Personal information must be:
- Processed fairly and lawfully.
- Processed for clearly defined purposes which the data subject is aware of, and which are lawful.
- Adequate, relevant and not excessive for the purposes.
- Not kept longer than necessary for the purposes.
- Processed in line with data subjects’ rights.
- Not transferred to people or organisations outside the European Economic Area, and particularly to countries which lack adequate protection for personal information.”
Copies of our Data Protection Policy and supporting documents can be obtained from
Karen A Martindale, HEBA Data Protection Officer,
HEBA @ BMS International Mission Centre, 24 Weoley Park Road, Birmingham B29 6QX
Tel: 0121 472 4986