Job Title: Equipped to Minister Course, Part time Tutors
Location: 1 x Tutor at BMS World Mission, Wallis House, 24 Weoley Park Road, Birmingham B29 6QX. 2 x Tutors at Spurgeon’s College, South Norwood, London, SE25 6DJ.
Salary: £20.00 per hour teaching, £10.00 per hour teaching preparation up to a maximum of 12 hours per module taught + marking remuneration.
Date: To start mid July 2019.
Equipped to Minister monthly Saturday course is an established, popular and highly valued course at Spurgeon’s College. It was launched 2003 with the aim of providing high quality training for those serving in the local church. In the 15 years the course has been in existence over 680 people have attended modules from the course and the course grows in popularity each year. Although the course initially was aimed at churches from the Baptist denomination we now have people from many different church streams attending the course to enable them to develop their ministry in the local church or to grow in their personal discipleship.
After many years of teaching the course solely in London, in 2018 we extended course delivery to Cambridge (Histon). For 2019 we are again looking to extend our available locations for the Equipped to Minister Course to include Birmingham. We are therefore are looking to recruit a suitable course tutor to join the already recruited team. In addition we are also looking to recruit two Equipped to Minister Course tutors at Spurgeon’s College, London, to join the already recruited team at this location.
Main Duties: The role will involve teaching and marking Christian theology up to ‘A-level’ standard as well as being a representative of the College to the students.
Person Specification: The suitable candidate should have:-
- Experience in teaching in a church or educational establishment setting.
- Ability to give/receive professional direction, seeking and applying best practice and demonstrating a track record of effective collaborative team working.
- A demonstrable record of academic achievement exemplified by a post-graduate qualification in theology.
- Familiarity with and commitment to working in a multi-age, multi-cultural environment, and sensitivity to working with different theological perspectives and ecumenically
There is a Genuine Occupational Requirement for the Part-time Tutor (Equipped to Minister) to be a Christian. We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome and encourage job applications from people of all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from BAME candidates as BAME people are currently under-represented throughout the theological educational sector.
How to Apply: Full details are in the Information Pack.
- The closing date for Birmingham applications is 00am on Monday 17th June 2019 and interviews on Tuesday 25th June 2019 in Birmingham.
- The closing date for London (Spurgeon’s College) applications is 00am on Monday 24th June 2019 and interviews on Tuesday 2nd July 2019 in London.
Applications should be sent by email and in confidence to email@example.com
Kairos Coffee – Shirley
This month Kairos Coffee celebrates the 5th anniversary of its opening. It is part of the mission of Shirley Baptist Church in its local community, and is currently seeking additional volunteers. The role of the volunteer is to assist the Manager/Assistant Manager in the running of the coffee shop in accordance with its purpose, vision and values. To do this, volunteers will embrace the ethos of the Church and Kairos Coffee, in particular its desire to demonstrate Christian love to the community. Training and support is provided to help fulfil the tasks required. Details about Kairos are available from the website – www.kairoscoffee.co.uk
The job description, Values and other information can be downloaded below.
For further information about volunteering please contact the manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or
phone 0121 745 4419.
New jobs coming soon...
HEBA FINANCE MANAGER
The Heart of England Baptist Association (HEBA) requires a part time Finance Manager to join our small team.
Salary: £ 25,800 pa pro rata
Qualifications: Minimum Part Qualified or by experience.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is looking for a new challenge and who has a breadth of experience in financial management.
Your role will involve supporting the churches in our Association, our staff team and our Board of Trustees for a minimum of 3 days per week with flexibility at certain times of year.
Main responsibilities will include management of:
- Loans & Grants
- Home Mission funding
- Cash Control
- Bookkeeping – mainly oversight
- Staff payroll and expenses
- Oversight of Payroll Service to churches
- Preparing Financial Reports
- Servicing Finance Working Group and Grants Group
- Supporting the Treasurer
- Dealing with our Auditors
- Experience within the Charity Sector would be helpful but not essential
Application deadline: 21 March 2019
Interviews will be held on 1 April 2019
Please send your CV to: Karen Martindale at HEBA, 24 Weoley Park Road, Selly Oak, Birmingham, B29 6QX.
Tel No: 0121 472 4986
Baptists Together Safeguarding Case Worker
Baptists Together have a one-year maternity cover vacancy. The job description is available for download.
Church Centre Manager
The church is looking to appoint a Centre Manager who will enable them to make best use of their redeveloped buildings in pursuit of their ‘2020 Vision’ which is to
see Harborne Baptist Church glorify God as they are increasingly:
- Going out in mission
- Growing as followers of Jesus
- Welcoming all
- Celebrating our diversity
Working closely with the Minister, the Church Centre Manager will develop this 2020 Vision by:
- Acting as the Church’s ambassador in developing close relationships with groups and visitors
- Looking for new and creative connections with and between different user groups
- Ensuring that the buildings provide a warm welcome for all
- Exploring new opportunities for the use of the Church buildings within our local community
As part of the role, the Centre Manager will have specific responsibilities to manage Centre bookings, manage other members of the staff team, oversee the Centre’s infrastructure and ensure compliance with relevant legislation.
The appointment is for 20 hours a week (flexible working hours).
Salary: £11,000 per annum
For a detailed job description and an application form, please contact the Church Office: email@example.com or 0121 4277141.
Applications must be submitted by Wednesday 31st October 2018
Interviews will be held during the week beginning 12th November 2018
Start of appointment: January 2019, date to be agreed.